Finalmente o patch 1.4 foi lançado!
Aqui fica o READ ME file, com notas importantes para a sua instalação e mais umas notas.
CALL OF DUTY™ 1.4 PATCH README
INTRODUCTION & IMPORTANT NOTES
This document details numerous additions, fixes, and changes to Call of Duty™ in the 1.4 patch.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Use of the in-game console is not supported by Activision®. Please do not contact Activision® Customer Support with issues that arise from using console commands in-game.
NOTES FOR MOD USERS:
– It is recommended that any user modifications that have been installed to the Call of Duty directory be removed before installing this patch. These modifications are not supported by Activision® and may not be compatible with some of the new features that are included.
– Call of Duty does not support mods that have spaces in the mod’s folder name. Be sure that the folder that contains your mod does not have spaces; otherwise users will not be able to download the files. For example, a mod in a folder called “My Mod” would be invalid, whereas “MyMod” or “My_Mod” would work.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Upon installing the 1.4 patch, you may be prompted to re-enter your CD key. Please be sure to have your Call of Duty CD key handy.
INVALID INSTALLATION MESSAGE: If you get a “Setup did not detect a valid Call of Duty CD Key” error message when installing the 1.4 patch, you can try one of two things to address this issue:
1. Exit out of the patch setup and load up Call of Duty Multiplayer. In the Multiplayer Options screen, re-enter your Call of Duty CD key, exit the program, and then apply the patch again.
2. If you get the error again, exit out of the 1.4 patch installer. Completely uninstall Call of Duty, reinstall the game, and then apply the patch.
Either one of these solutions should correct the problem.
ERROR WHEN SAVING GAME: If you get a “Short write in FS_copyfiles ()” error message when attempting to save your game, it means that your hard drive is full and there is not enough hard disk space to write the saved game file. Please free up additional hard drive space in order to correct this issue.
Call of Duty™ now includes PunkBuster™ Anti-Cheat software technology. PunkBuster™ Anti-Cheat software technology and services combat online cheating in Call of Duty Internet play.
The use of PunkBuster™ Anti-Cheat software is optional and is provided without direct cost to our users. For more information about PunkBuster™ or for PunkBuster™ support, please visit http://www.evenbalance.com/.
– Added one new multiplayer map. This map supports all current game types:
Stalingrad – In the winter of 1942, Soviet infantry from the 13th Guards Division struggle to hold a small apartment complex in the southern end of the shattered city. Riflemen on both sides can cover the open ground while flanking teams armed with automatic weapons attempt to penetrate the enemy line through a deadly close-quarters maze of urban interiors.
– New PunkBuster™ functionality included (as described above).
– Added a “PunkBuster” filter under the “Filters” section of the “Join Server” screen.
– Added a “PunkBuster” display column on the “Join Server” screen.
– Corrected an issue in “Search & Destroy” where leaning while planting the bomb would cause the player to lean further than intended.
– Corrected an issue where a player could spawn without a gun model if the round ended while on a ladder.
MULTIPLAYER BUG FIXES
– Fixed a possible exploit with certain spectator-specific commands.
– Fixed a bug with the servercache.dat that caused some players to have difficulty loading the in-game browser.
– Fixed an issue where the number of servers displayed in the in-game browser would occasionally fluctuate.
– Fixed an issue where the pure server check would no longer ignore extraneous pak files if a demo had recently been played.
– Fixed a rare occurrence of the auto balance system preventing a player from joining either team.